Approximately 70% of the water we use is either reused or recycled in production.
Water features in almost every phase of our production process. Over the past 5 years we have significantly reduced the amount of water we use in processing sheepskins. We reduce the amount of water needed by reusing where possible and treating water to recycle back into the process. The result of these environmental initiatives has been a significant reduction in the demands we place for water in the environment.
- In the past 5 years we have decreased our water use by 15% annually.
- The installation of a new water treatment plant has resulted in reduced outputs measuring well in advance of the regulatory requirements.
- Approximately 70% of the water we use is either reused or recycled.
- 100% of the water we treat receives secondary treatment at our local city water treament facility; there is no direct discharge to the environment.
- Reducing water use means that we can also recycle and use less chemicals overall.
- Reduction in overall water use results in significantly less impact on the environment.