Nature’s most versatile fibre
Nature out-smarts synthetics with better performance.
At Fibre by Auskin, we appreciate the astoundingly clever properties of wool. Sheepskin provides a natural answer, for many modern-day questions.
Fibre by Auskin delivers the benefit of sheepskin’s many properties to everyday life. We respect the specific properties of individual skins and we enhance them for use in suitable products and ranges.
The technical characteristics of wool are our everyday language. Just to get a little technical for a moment, wool properties boast: heat and moisture regulation, acoustic performance, flame resistance, anti-static abilities, indoor air filtration capabilities, odour suppression, UV absorbency and on top of all that, sheepskin wool is super-easy to care for.
Synthetics simply cannot match the qualities of natural fibres.
The HRH Prince of Wales speaks from Highgrove House about wool and the Campaign For Wool.
The Prince of Wales speaking at the 5th anniversary commemoration of the Campaign For Wool.
We love wool because…
Sheepskin’s properties make our product durable and safe for use in the home, not to mention:
- Wool is soft – wool products offer a sumptuous softness and tactile appeal.
- Wool stays clean – wool fibres retain a natural oil that resists dirt and grease.
- Wool resists odours – wool’s natural oils are resistent to cooking smells and household odours.
- Wools retains it’s shape – wool fibres bend and recover their shape naturally, retaining their lush bounce.
- Wool is hard to burn – wool fibre is flame retardant up to 600º C.
- Wool is hypoallergenic – wool doesn’t cause allergies.
- Wool adjusts to the climate – wool is warm in cool conditions and cool in warm conditions.
- Wool is sustainable – woolskins are the product of sustainable farming practices* and biodegrade.
*New Zealand and Australian sheep roam green pastures and graze on those pastures in the same way their wild ancestors did.